Kerry Sharkey-Miller is a photographer based in Sag Harbor, New York with an extensive background in fine art and media production. She received her BFA in Photography from LIU. For ten years she owned and operated a successful fine art gallery in Southampton, New York that featured the work of renowned contemporary Native American artists. For the next 14 years she had a career as an educator specializing in photography, digital printing and stop-motion animation. As an educator she traveled extensively, taking students on annual trips that combined photography with humanitarian service, to locations in Australia, Kenya, New Zealand, Brazil, Morocco, Peru and throughout the United States. In recent years her photographic work has earned her numerous international awards.
Bristol Art Museum Bristol, RI "Miniature Monumental" Juror: Patricia Miranda February 4th to March 31st, 2023
Griffin Museum of Photography Winchester, MA " Winter Solstice 2022" – Main Gallery, December 8, 2022 – January 8, 2023
New York Center for Photographic Art NYC, NY " Black and White 2022" Juror: Dan Burkholder Awards: Juror’s Selection and Honorable Mention
PhotoPlace Gallery Middlebury, VT “Trees” International Juried Exhibition Juror: Wendi Schneider July 28th to August 20th, 2022
PRAXIS Gallery St. Paul, MN. “Animal Beings” International Juried Exhibition Juror: Anne Berry July 16th to July 30th, 2022
Southeast Center For Photography Greenville, SC “Botanical” International Juried Exhibition Juror: Wendi Schneider July 1st, to July 30th, 2022
The Church Sag Harbor Sag Harbor, NY. “ART FOR UKRAINE” Invitational Benefit Auction April 30th, 2022
Center For Photographic Arts Carmel, CA “2022 Members Juried Exhibition” International Juried Exhibition -Online Exhibition Juror: Christa Dix April 9th, to May 8h, 2022
PhotoPlace Gallery Middlebury, VT “Botanical” International Juried Exhibition Juror: Lee Anne White March 31st to April 23rd, 2022 Directors Award
Southeast Center For Photography Greenville, SC “Black , White & Monochrome ” International Juried Exhibition Juror: Douglas Beasley February 4th, to February 26th, 2022
Griffin Museum of Photography “Winter Solstice” Members Exhibition December 4th 2021 thru January 3rd 2022
The Church Sag Harbor “PRINTAGANZA” Invitational Benefit Auction December 3rd and 4th, 2021
Alex Ferrone Gallery Cutchogue, NY “Farms Across America” National Juried Small Works Exhibition. Juror: Paula Tognarelli December 4th, 2021 to February 13th, 2022
New York Center for Photographic Art NYC, NY “Get Creative” International Juried Exhibition Juror: Ellen Denuto December 2021 Awards: Third Place, Juror’s Selection and Honorable Mention
Southeast Center For Photography Greenville, SC “The Contemporary Landscape ’21” International Juried Exhibition Juror: William Neil. November 5th, to November 27th, 2021
PhotoPlace Gallery Middlebury, VT. “In Celebration of Trees” International Juried Exhibition Juror: Catherine Couturier June 25th - July 16th, 2021
Alex Ferrone Gallery Cutchogue, NY “Spring” Invitational exhibition May 22nd to June 27th, 2021
ASmith Gallery Johnson City, TX “Black/White” International Juried Exhibition Juror: Eric Kunsman. April 16th - May 30th, 2021
Southampton Arts Center Storefront Art Project 84B Main Street, Southampton, NY Invitational Installation January 10th 2021 to April 30th, 2021
Alex Ferrone Gallery Cutchogue, NY "Winter: Small Works Exhibition" Jurors: Stephen Perloff and Susan Peragallo Awarded: First Place December 5th 2020 to March 28th 2021
A Smith Gallery Johnson City, Texas "Trees" Juror: Kevin Tully November 20th 2020 to January 3rd 2021
A Smith Gallery Johnson City, Texas "Unique: Alternative Process" Juror: Jill Enfield October 6th 2020 to January 3rd 2021
Southampton Art Center Southampton NY “TAKEOVER 2020" Invitational Artist in Residence Curator: Amy Kirwin February 1st thru July 12th 2020
SE Center for Photography Greenville, SC “Open” Juror: Susan Burnstine February 7th thru February 29th 2020
Gold Coast Arts Center Great Neck NY “Solar Impressions: Contemporary Printmaking Invitational” Juror: Jude Amsel January 26th thru April 10th 2020
Southampton Art Center Southampton NY “Solar Impressions” Selection Jurors: Laura G. Einstein, Alex Ferrone and Ron Pokrasso Awards Juror: Eric Fischl - Winner of the Alex Ferrone Jurors Award
- ASmith Gallery Johnson City, Texas "Botanicals" Juror: Wendi Schneider. "Willow" Awarded- Directors Honorable Mention Exhibition On View through May 26th ,2019
- SE Center for Photography Greenville, SC Invitational Exhibition: "Members Exhibition" Juror: Polly Galliard. "Sanctuary: Solitude"
- PhotoPlace Gallery, Middlebury, VT "Fictional Narrative" Juror: Emma Powell. "The Catch" from the series "Baymen"
- PhotoPlace Gallery, Middlebury, VT “Still Life: Elevating the Mundane” Juror : Kimberly Witham “Comfort Station Morocco”
- Southampton Art Center, Southampton NY "EastEnd Collected4" Juried Invitational - Juror: Paton Miller
- Modernbook Gallery, San Francisco CA "Approaching the Unreal " APA SF Curator's Voice Exhibition Honorable Mention "Emily"
- RJD Gallery, Sag Harbor, NY "Spring Fusion" : winners exhibition
- RJD Gallery, Sag Harbor NY "Hamptons Juried Art Show" Winner-Jurors Choice Award
- ArtSouthampton, Southampton NY
- Worldwide Photography, Borges Cultural Center, Buenos Aires Argentina "Biennial Exhibition". "Couple Displaced By 2010 Peruvian Floods"
- Sara Nightingale Gallery Water Mill NY
2008 - 2010
- Mosquito Hawk Gallery Shelter Island NY
Directors Award “Botanical” PhotoPlace Gallery. Middlebury, VT International Juried Exhibition Juror: Lee Anne White March 31st to April 23rd, 2022
Third Place, Juror’s Selection & Honorable, Mention New York Center for Photographic Art NYC, NY “Get Creative” International Juried Exhibition Juror: Ellen Denuto December 2021
- 7th Annual Black & White Spider Awards Professional Category: People: Nominee ~ "Man with Puppy at The Chocolate Factory" Portrait: Nominee ~ "Couple displaced by Flood"
- WPGA Portrait Award 2012 Honorable Mention : "Couple displaced by 2010 Peruvian Flood"
- WPGA April 2011 Pollux Awards Single Image ~ Professional Photographers: 2nd Prize ~ Nature :"Lone Donkey Sacred Valley, Peru" 2nd Prize ~ Portrait : "Couple displaced by 2010 Peruvian Floods"
- 2nd Edition of The Julia Margaret Cameron Award Street Photography ~ Honorable Mention: "Shaggy Dog at the Chocolate Factory, Brazil"
- WPGA May 2011 Pollux Awards Single Images ~ Professional Photographers 2nd Prize ~ Animals and Wildlife: “Girl with Puppy Chocolate Factory Brazil”
- WPGA July 2011 Pollux Awards Single Image ~ Professional Photographers: 1st Prize ~ Still Life : "65-47 Fishing Boat" 3rd Prize ~ Culture and Daily Life : "Going Home" Honorable Mention ~ Culture and Daily Life : "Portrait of a Maasai Warrior" Honorable Mention ~ Fine Art : "Spirited" 3rd Prize ~ Nature "Arizona Wildflower 2"