Kerry Sharkey-Miller is a photographer based in Sag Harbor, New York with an extensive background in fine art and media production. She received her BFA in Photography from LIU. For ten years she owned and operated a successful fine art gallery in Southampton, New York that featured the work of renowned contemporary Native American artists. For the next 14 years she had a career as an educator specializing in photography, digital printing and stop-motion animation. As an educator she traveled extensively, taking students on annual trips that combined photography with humanitarian service, to locations in Australia, Kenya, New Zealand, Brazil, Morocco, Peru and throughout the United States. In recent years her photographic work has earned her numerous international awards.
- ASmith Gallery Johnson City, Texas "Botanicals" Juror: Wendi Schneider. "Willow" Awarded- Directors Honorable Mention Exhibition On View through May 26th ,2019
- SE Center for Photography Greenville, SC Invitational Exhibition: "Members Exhibition" Juror: Polly Galliard. "Sanctuary: Solitude"
- PhotoPlace Gallery, Middlebury, VT "Fictional Narrative" Juror: Emma Powell. "The Catch" from the series "Baymen"
- PhotoPlace Gallery, Middlebury, VT “Still Life: Elevating the Mundane” Juror : Kimberly Witham “Comfort Station Morocco”
- Southampton Art Center, Southampton NY "EastEnd Collected4" Juried Invitational - Juror: Paton Miller
- Modernbook Gallery, San Francisco CA "Approaching the Unreal " APA SF Curator's Voice Exhibition Honorable Mention "Emily"
- RJD Gallery, Sag Harbor, NY "Spring Fusion" : winners exhibition
- RJD Gallery, Sag Harbor NY "Hamptons Juried Art Show" Winner-Jurors Choice Award
- ArtSouthampton, Southampton NY
- Worldwide Photography, Borges Cultural Center, Buenos Aires Argentina "Biennial Exhibition". "Couple Displaced By 2010 Peruvian Floods"
- Sara Nightingale Gallery Water Mill NY
2008 - 2010
- Mosquito Hawk Gallery Shelter Island NY
- 7th Annual Black & White Spider Awards Professional Category: People: Nominee ~ "Man with Puppy at The Chocolate Factory" Portrait: Nominee ~ "Couple displaced by Flood"
- WPGA Portrait Award 2012 Honorable Mention : "Couple displaced by 2010 Peruvian Flood"
- WPGA April 2011 Pollux Awards Single Image ~ Professional Photographers: 2nd Prize ~ Nature :"Lone Donkey Sacred Valley, Peru" 2nd Prize ~ Portrait : "Couple displaced by 2010 Peruvian Floods"
- 2nd Edition of The Julia Margaret Cameron Award Street Photography ~ Honorable Mention: "Shaggy Dog at the Chocolate Factory, Brazil"
- WPGA May 2011 Pollux Awards Single Images ~ Professional Photographers 2nd Prize ~ Animals and Wildlife: “Girl with Puppy Chocolate Factory Brazil”
- WPGA July 2011 Pollux Awards Single Image ~ Professional Photographers: 1st Prize ~ Still Life : "65-47 Fishing Boat" 3rd Prize ~ Culture and Daily Life : "Going Home" Honorable Mention ~ Culture and Daily Life : "Portrait of a Maasai Warrior" Honorable Mention ~ Fine Art : "Spirited" 3rd Prize ~ Nature "Arizona Wildflower 2"